Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 24 — Psalm 119:1-32

HEBREW
PSALM 119
In praise of the divine Law

א, Ah, how happy those of blameless life
who walk in the Law of Yahweh!
How happy those who respect His decrees,
and seek Him with their whole heart,
and doing no evil,
walk in His ways!
You yourself have made Your precepts known,
to be faithfully kept.
Oh, may my behavior be constant
in keeping Your statutes.
If I concentrate on Your every commandment,
I can never be put to shame.
I thank You from an upright heart,
schooled in Your rules of righteousness.
I mean to observe Your statutes;
never abandon me.

ב, How can a youth remain pure?
By behaving as Your Word prescribes.
I have sought You with all my heart,
do not let me stray from Your commandments.
I have treasured Your promises in my heart,
since I have no wish to sin against You.
How blessed are You, Yahweh!
Teach me Your statutes!
With my lips I have repeated them,
all these rulings from Your own mouth.
In the way of Your decrees lies my joy,
a joy beyond all wealth.
I mean to meditate on Your precepts
and to concentrate on Your paths.
I find my delight in Your statutes,
I do not forget Your Word.

ג, Be good to Your servant, and I shall live,
I shall observe Your Word.
Open my eyes: I shall concentrate
on the marvels of Your Law.
Exile though I am on earth,
do not hide Your commandments from me.
My soul is overcome
with an incessant longing for Your rulings.
You reprove the arrogant, the accursed
who stray from Your commandments.
Avert their insults and contempt from me,
since I respect Your decrees.
Though princes put me on trial,
Your servant will meditate on Your statutes,
since Your decrees are my delight,
Your statutes are my counselors.

ד, Down in the dust I lie prostrate:
revive me as Your Word has guaranteed.
I admitted my behavior, You answered me,
now teach me Your statutes.
Explain to me how to keep Your precepts,
that I may meditate on Your marvels.
I am sleepless with grief:
raise me as Your Word has guaranteed.
Turn me from the path of delusion,
grant me the grace of Your Law.
I have chosen the way of fidelity,
I have set my heart on Your rulings.
I cling to Your decrees:
Yahweh, do not disappoint me.
I run the way of Your commandments,
since You have set me free.

Next… Day 25 — Psalm 119:33-104

No comments:

Post a Comment