Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 11 — Psalm 56

HEBREW
PSALM 56
Reliance on God

For the choirmaster, tune ‘Dove of the distant gods,’ of David, miktam, when the Philistines held him in Gath.

Take pity on me, God, as they harry me,
pressing their attacks home all day.
All day my opponents harry me,
hordes coming in to the attack.

Raise me up when I am most afraid,
I put my trust in You;
in God, whose Word I praise,
in God I put my trust, fearing nothing;
what can men do to me?

All day long they twist what I say,
all they think of is how to harm me,
they conspire, lurk, spy on my movements,
determined to take my life.

Are they to go unpunished for such a crime?
God, in fury bring the nations down!
You have noted my agitation,
now collect my tears in Your wineskin!
Then my enemies will have to fall back
as soon as I call for help.

This I know: that God is on my side.
In God whose Word I praise,
in Yahweh, whose Word I praise,
in God I put my trust, fearing nothing;
what can man do to me?

I must fulfill the vows I made You, God;
I shall pay You my thank offerings,
for You have rescued me from death
to walk in the presence of God
in the light of the living.

Next… Psalm 57

No comments:

Post a Comment