Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 5 — Psalm 28

HEBREW
PSALM 28
Petition and thanksgiving

Of David.

I cry to You, Yahweh,
my Rock! Do not be deaf to me,
for if You are silent, I shall go
down to the Pit like the rest.

Hear my voice, raised in petition,
as I cry to You for help,
as I raise my hands, Yahweh,
toward Your Holy of Holies.

Do not drag me away with the wicked,
away with the evil men
who talk of peace with their neighbors
while malice is in their hearts.

Repay them for their actions, Yahweh,
for the evil they commit,
for their handiwork repay them,
let them have what they deserve!

How blind they are to the works of Yahweh,
to His own handiwork!
May He pull them down and not rebuild them!

Blessed be Yahweh, for He hears
the sound of my petition!

Yahweh is my strength, my shield,
my heart puts its trust in Him;
I have been helped, my flesh has bloomed again,
I thank Him with all my heart.

Yahweh is the strength of His people,
a saving fortress for His anointed.
Save Your people! Bless Your heritage!
Shepherd them; carry them for ever!

Next… Psalm 29

No comments:

Post a Comment