Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12 — Psalm 66

HEBREW
PSALM 66
Corporate act of thanksgiving

For the choirmaster, song, psalm.

Acclaim God, all the earth,
play music to the glory of His name,
glorify Him with Your praises,
say to God, ‘What dread You inspire!’

Your achievements are the measure of Your power.
Your enemies cringe in Your presence;
all the earth bows down to You,
playing music for You,
playing in honor of Your name, selah.

Come and see what marvels God has done,
so much to be feared for His deeds among mankind:
He turned the sea into dry land,
they crossed the river on foot!

So let us rejoice in Him,
who rules for ever by His power;
His eyes keep watch on the nations,
let no rebel raise his head, selah.

You nations, bless our God
and make His praise resound,
who brings our soul to life
and keeps our feet from faltering.

You tested us, God,
You refined us like silver,
You let us fall into the net,
You laid heavy burdens on our backs,
You let people drive over our heads;
but now the ordeal by fire and water is over,
and You allow us once more to draw breath.

I bring holocausts to Your house,
I bring them to fulfill those vows
that rose to my lips,
those vows I spoke when in trouble.

I offer You fat holocausts
and the smoke of burning rams,
I offer You bullocks and he-goats, selah.

Come and listen, all you who fear God,
while I tell you what He has done for me:
when I uttered my cry to Him
and high praise was on my tongue,
had I been guilty in my heart,
the Lord would never have heard me.
But God not only heard me,
He listened to my prayer.

Blessed be God,
who neither ignored my prayer
nor deprived me of His love.

Next… Psalm 67

No comments:

Post a Comment