Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 18 — Psalm 91

HEBREW
PSALM 91
God's protection

If you live in the shelter of Elyon
and make your home in the shadow of Shaddai,
you can say to Yahweh, ‘My refuge, my fortress,
my God in whom I trust!’

He rescues you from the snares
of fowlers hoping to destroy you;
He covers you with His feathers,
and you find shelter underneath His wings.

You need not fear the terrors of night,
the arrow that flies in the daytime,
the plague that stalks in the dark,
the scourge that wreaks havoc in broad daylight.

Though a thousand fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
you yourself will remain unscathed,
with His faithfulness for shield and buckler.

You have only to look around
to see how the wicked are repaid,
you who can say, ‘Yahweh my refuge,’
and make Elyon your fortress.

No disaster can overtake you,
no plague come near your tent:
He will put you in His angels' charge
to guard you wherever you go.

They will support you on their hands
in case you hurt your foot against a stone;
you will tread on lion and adder,
trample on savage lions and dragons.

‘I rescue all who cling to Me,
I protect whoever knows My name,
I answer everyone who invokes me,
I am with them when they are in trouble;
I bring them safety and honor.
I give them life, long and full,
and show them how I can save.’

Next… Psalm 92

No comments:

Post a Comment