Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 24 — Psalm 116

HEBREW
PSALM 116
Thanksgiving

Alleluia!

I love! For Yahweh listens
to my entreaty;
He bends down to listen to me
when I call.

Death's cords were tightening around me,
the nooses of She’ol;
distress and anguish gripped me,
I invoked the name of Yahweh:

‘Yahweh, rescue me!’

Yahweh is righteous and merciful,
our God is tenderhearted;
Yahweh defends the simple,
He saved me when I was brought to my knees.

Return to your resting place, my soul,
Yahweh has treated you kindly.
He has rescued me from death,
my eyes from tears,
and my feet from stumbling.

I will walk in Yahweh's presence
in the land of the living.

I have faith, even when I say,
‘I am completely crushed.’
In my alarm, I declared,
‘No man can be relied on.’

What return can I make to Yahweh
for all His goodness to me?
I will offer libations to my Savior,
invoking the name of Yahweh.

I will pay what I vowed to Yahweh;
may His whole nation be present!

The death of the devout
costs Yahweh dear.
Yahweh, I am Your servant,
Your servant, son of a pious mother,
You undo my fetters.

I will offer You the thanksgiving sacrifice,
invoking the name of Yahweh.
I will walk in Yahweh's presence
in the land of the living.

I will pay what I vowed to Yahweh;
may His whole nation be present,
in the courts of the house of Yahweh,
in Your heart, Jerusalem.

Next… Psalm 117

No comments:

Post a Comment