Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 5 — Psalm 26

HEBREW
PSALM 26
Prayer of the blameless

Of David.

Yahweh, be my judge!
I go my way in my innocence,
my trust in Yahweh never wavers.
Test me, Yahweh, and probe me,
put me to the trial, loins and heart;
for Your love is before my eyes,
and I live my life in loyalty to You.

No sitting with wastrels for me,
no associating with hypocrites;
I hate the society of evil men,
I refuse to sit down with the wicked.

I wash my hands in innocence
and join the procession around your altar,
singing a hymn of thanksgiving,
proclaiming all Your wonders.
I love the house where You live,
the place where Your glory makes its home.

Do not let my soul share the fate of sinners,
or my life the doom of men of blood,
men with guilt on their hands,
whose right hands are heavy with bribes.

But I live my life in innocence,
redeem me, Yahweh, take pity on me;
my foot is set on the right path,
I bless You, Yahweh, at the Assemblies.

Next… Psalm 27

No comments:

Post a Comment