Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6 — Psalm 30

HEBREW
PSALM 30
Thanksgiving after mortal danger

Psalm, canticle for the dedication of the House, of David.

High praise, Yahweh, I give you,
for You have helped me up,
and not let my enemies gloat over me.
Yahweh, my God, I cried to You for help,
and You have healed me.
Yahweh, You have brought my soul up from She’ol,
of all those who go down to the Pit
You have revived me.

Play music in Yahweh's honor, you devout,
remember His holiness, and praise Him.
His anger lasts a moment, His favor a lifetime;
in the evening, a spell of tears,
in the morning, shouts of joy.

In my prosperity, I used to say,
‘Nothing can ever shake me!’
Your favor, Yahweh, stood me on a peak impregnable;
but then You hid Your face and I was terrified.

Yahweh, I call to You,
I beg my God to pity me,
‘What do You gain by my blood
if I go down to the Pit?
Can the dust praise You or proclaim
Your faithfulness?

‘Hear, Yahweh, take pity on me;
Yahweh, help me!’
You have turned my mourning into dancing,
You have stripped off my sackcloth
and wrapped me in gladness;
and now, my heart, silent no longer,
will play You music;
Yahweh, my God, I will praise You for ever.

Next… Psalm 31

No comments:

Post a Comment