Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17 — Psalm 86

HEBREW
PSALM 86
Prayer in ordeal

Prayer of David.

Listen to me, Yahweh, and answer me,
poor and needy as I am;
keep my soul: I am Your devoted one,
save Your servant who relies on You.

You are my God, take pity on me, Lord,
I invoke You all day long;
give Your servant reason to rejoice,
for to You, lord, I lift up my soul.

Lord, You are good and forgiving,
most loving to all who invoke You;
Yahweh, hear my prayer,
listen to me as I plead.

Lord, in trouble I invoke You,
and You answer my prayer;
there is no god to compare with You,
no achievement to compare with Yours.

All the pagans will come and adore You, Lord,
all will glorify Your name,
since You alone are great, You perform marvels,
You God, You alone.

Yahweh, teach me Your way,
how to walk beside You faithfully,
make me singlehearted in fearing Your name.

I thank You with all my heart, Lord my God,
I glorify Your name for ever,
Your love for me has been so great,
You have rescued me from the depths of She’ol.

Now arrogant men, God, are attacking me,
a brutal gang hounding me to death:
people to whom You mean nothing.

Lord God, You who are always merciful and tenderhearted,
slow to anger, always loving, always loyal,
turn to me and pity me.

Give me Your strength, Your saving help,
me Your servant, this son of a pious mother,
give me one proof of Your goodness.

Yahweh, make my opponents ashamed,
show them that You are my help and consolation.

Next… Psalm 87

No comments:

Post a Comment