Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12 — Psalm 62

HEBREW
PSALM 62
Hope in God alone

For the choirmaster, Jeduthun, psalm of David.

In God alone there is rest for my soul,
from Him comes my safety;
with Him alone for my rock, my safety,
my fortress, I can never fall.

How many times will you come rushing at a man,
all of you, to bring him down
like a wall already leaning over,
like a rampart undermined?

Deceit their sole intention,
their delight is to mislead;
with lies on their lips they bless aloud,
while cursing inwardly, selah.

Rest in God alone, my soul!
He is the source of my hope;
with Him alone for my rock, my safety,
my fortress, I can never fall;
rest in God, my safety, my glory,
the rock of my strength.

In God, I find shelter; rely on Him
people, at all times;
unburden your hearts to Him,
God is a shelter for us, selah.

Ordinary men are only a puff of wind,
important men delusion;
put both in the scales and up they go,
lighter than a puff of wind.

Put no reliance on extortion,
no empty hopes in robbery;
though riches may increase,
keep your heart detached.

God has spoken once,
twice I have heard this:
it is for God to be strong,
for You, Lord, to be loving;
and You Yourself repay
man as His works deserve.

Next… Psalm 63

No comments:

Post a Comment