Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 11 — Psalm 57

HEBREW
PSALM 57
Among ferocious enemies

For the choirmaster, tune ‘Do not destroy,’ of David, miktam, when he escaped from Saul, in the cave.

Take pity on me, God, take pity on me,
in You my soul takes shelter;
I take shelter in the shadow of Your wings
until the destroying storm is over.

I call on God the Most High,
on God who has done everything for me:
to send from heaven and save me,
to check the people harrying me, selah,
may God send His faithfulness and love.

I lie surrounded by lions
greedy for human prey,
their teeth are spears and arrows,
their tongue a sharp sword.

Rise high above the heavens, God,
let Your glory be over the earth!
They laid a net where I was walking
when I was bowed with care;
they dug a pitfall for me
but fell into it themselves, selah.

My heart is ready, God,
my heart is ready;
I mean to sing and play for You,
awake, my muse,
awake, lyre and harp,
I mean to wake the dawn!

Lord, I mean to thank you among the peoples,
to play music to You among the nations;
Your love is high as heaven,
Your faithfulness as the clouds.
Rise high above the heavens, God,
let Your glory be over the earth!

Next… Psalm 58

No comments:

Post a Comment